In some cases, it may be optimal to send the same engagement Omnilert offers the option to save the questions and response options for re-use in later messages.
To accomplish this, Omnilert offers the option to save an engagement as a Message Template. This will save the original message's text content, the Engage question and response options, and any/all follow-up questions/messages as well as their response options.
Saving an Engagement as a Message Template
To save a previously sent engagement as a template for future use:
- Go to Engage on the main menu.
- Locate the desired engagement and select the menu within that engagement.
- Then select Save Template from the menu.
- Next, assign a name for the new template. (This will be the name shown in the Select Template section of the Send Message screen. )
Viewing Saved Engagement Templates
Engagement templates are automatically saved as "active" message templates.
Newly saved engagement templates will be located in the Settings > Message Templates > Active section of the main menu.
Click on a template to view its details.
You can view/edit the primary outgoing message as you can with any other message template.
You can also view the saved engagement questions and their response options in a tree view.
Note: A saved engagement's questions/responses can be viewed but cannot be edited.
Using a saved engagement template
To use a pre-saved engagement template, simply select the template from the Templates dropdown when composing a new alert on the Send Message page.
Engagement templates will be located in their own secondary list below any standard templates in your list.
Select the desired engagement template to populate the message and engagement sections of the message with your template content.
Notes and Tips
- Template Permissions: By default, new templates need to have permissions assigned before your other Omnilert admins can see/use them. (See Message Templates: Editing and Permissions)
- Using Text Variables? If your original Omnilert message included text variables for dates/times, those variables were converted into text when the message was sent. So, you will need to edit your new engagement template after saving it to insert the proper text variables. (See Text Variables)
- Editing Engagement Templates: You can edit the main message but you cannot edit questions and response options in engagement templates. The questions and response options will match the original message used to generate the template. (See Message Templates: Editing and Permissions)