This feature is an add-on to the Omnilert Mobile App that is configured in the Priority Alerts section of Omnilert.
Omnilert's Mobile App endpoint can provide an optional "tip report" engine, which provides an added screen to the app where your subscribers can submit feedback/information to your organization as "tips". These tips can also include images/videos sent from their mobile device. The tip content is then relayed directly to your team via Omnilert's Mobile App.
Tips submitted through the Omnilert app are then relayed to one or more private groups in Omnilert as priority alerts.
Your Omnilert Mobile App can provide one or more "categories" of tips for your end-users to submit. Using categories provides a way to direct tips to selected private groups.
Adding a new Tip Category
Create new tip categories in the Priority Alerts > Tip Report section of Omnilert
A new tip category creation form accepts 3 pieces of information:
- Category name: This is the name that will be displayed in the Omnilert app when subscribers select the category to submit a message.
- Tip help text: This is a brief description of the category that will help app users know what kind of information you'd like them to submit.
- Tip submitted message: This is a brief "thank you" message to be displayed once a tip has been submitted via the Omnilert App.
The "Category name" is the only required item but we recommend filling in all three fields for a more complete user experience.
Once a new category is created, it must be configured before it can be used.
Configuring Tip Categories
Manage your tip categories in the Priority Alerts > Tip Report section.
Newly created tip categories will be listed with a "No" in the "Active" column. Click on the desired tip category to review/edit its configuration in detail.
The list will display basic information about each tip category, including:
- Category name: The text label for the category.
- Scenarios assigned: "Yes" if there is at least 1 scenario attached to this tip category. (See below)
- Groups assigned: "Yes" if there is at least 1 private group attached to this tip category. (See below)
- Active: A category needs at least one group assigned to it to become "active".
- Auto launch scenario: (Optional) This setting will link an existing Omnilert Scenario to the tip category. Any time a tip is received from a subscriber, that linked scenario will launch automatically and send its associated message(s). As such, use extreme caution when linking a scenario to a tip category. (Auto-launching a scenario is not recommended for tip categories open to the public.)
Tip category details
The details screen shows the basic setup details for this tip report category; category name, help text, and tip submitted message. (All of these items were described in the previous section.)
- Allow anonymous reports: Check this box to allow subscribers to submit tips anonymously, without including any link to their subscriber record. If unchecked, then the subscriber must include their identity with their tip.
To activate the setup of a tip category, you will need to assign the category to at least one Private group.
Typically, this is a group of administrators or first responders, depending on the use case for tips, of course. The members of the selected group(s) will receive every tip submitted to this category as "Priority Alert" cards in the Omnilert app. (See: Receiving Omnilert Tip Reports)
Note: Select one or more group(s) to activate the tip category. Once activated, this category will be selectable in the Omnilert Mobile App. If you uncheck all groups, the category will become "Inactive" and be removed from the Mobile App's screen.
Link Scenarios (optional)
You may opt to link one or more scenarios to a given tip category.
Linked scenarios will appear as buttons that the tip recipients can tap in their Omnilert App. This allows an admin to quickly launch the desired scenario from the Priority Alert card.
Unlike the "auto-launch scenario", these scenarios will be presented as options with the recipient of the priority alert choosing when/if a scenario should be launched. This allows your staff to use their judgment on when to send a wider alert rather than having the alert sent automatically for every tip.
Omnilert includes special text variables to embed information from the incoming tip into your outgoing scenario.
Submitting and Receiving Tips
Once configured, your subscribers will be able to submit tips via the Omnilert App.
Those tips (and links, media, location info, etc.) will then generate priority alerts that are sent out to the assigned groups vi the Omnilert App.
- Submitting Tips - Learn how your entire community of subscribers can send in tips from the Omnilert App
- Receiving Tips - Learn how a private group of subscribers (key personnel) can view/respond to tips in the Omnilert App