Omnilert provides an optional voice calling channel ("uConference") with the ability to forward voice calls to a specified number, typically used for connecting recipients to conference bridge or a switchboard.
The uConference endpoint includes the following settings in its Configuration tab:
- Caller ID: The number recipients will see the call as coming from on their caller ID. This can be any legally allowed 10-digit US number.
- Bridge number: The number to which callers can be forwarded if they should press the Press to connect digit on their phone while the call is in progress. (Typically, this is the dial-in number for your conference bridge system.)
- Press to connect: The keypad number a recipient must press on their phone to have the call forwarded to the Bridge number.
- Message preamble: [optional] Select a recording to play to the recipient before the main message content of the voice call. (See Voice Recordings)
- Message postamble: [optional] Select a recording to play to the recipient after the main message content of the voice call. (See Voice Recordings)
Tips for uConference
- Include the access code! If using uConference to connect people to a conference bridge, be sure to give them that access code. The call's content (or the pre or postamble) should include any special instructions, such as "PIN" or "access code" for your conference bridge system.
- Try a scenario! If your call out for a conference call always goes to the same group, with the same bridge and the same access code, consider setting up a Scenario to make initiating a conference call even easier.
- Caller ID and Bridge number: We recommend using the bridge telephone number as the caller ID number. If the recipient misses the live call, they can just call back the most recent caller ID number on their phone to join your conference call in progress.
- Be mindful of text-to-speech! Text-to-speech translation can be sensitive to shorthand, abbreviations, web addresses, phone numbers and any other non-standard script. (See Endpoints: Text-to-Speech Tips for Voice Calls )
- More than a bridge connector! uConference can be used to connect recipients to just about any phone number. So, you could use this endpoint to allow your calling recipients to "press to connect" to your local switchboard or call center in real time.
Please sign in to leave a comment.