An optional "PRESS AND HOLD FOR HELP" button can be enabled within the Omnilert App.
When enabled, a red bar displays at the top of all of the app's screens.
If pressed and held, this will prompt the subscriber's mobile phone to dial the number of your choosing. This function enables subscribers to quickly dial a safety office, switchboard, or local emergency services directly.
Configuring the Panic Button (Emergency Call)
By default, the settings for the Panic Button feature are located within the Omnilert App's configuration screen. (Endpoints > Active then click on the Omnilert App endpoint.)
The Panic Button settings control the behavior of the Omnilert App's "Emergency Call" button. The following basic settings are available:
- Enable emergency button: This option will cause the "Press and hold for help" button to display within the app at the top of each screen.
- Emergency button title: Sets the text label shown within the Omnilert App and Instant App for your "emergency number to dial" (below).
- Emergency button number to dial: Sets the phone number to be dialed should a subscriber press and hold the button and then choose to call your emergency line. This should be a local number, dispatcher, office, or another number that you'd like your subscribers to be able to call quickly for help. (Not intended for 911)
- Enable 911 reminder: When checked, the "Dial 911 if an emergency" option will show when the in-app button is pressed.
Once configured and enabled, your subscribers will be able to call* for help using the button provided in the Omnilert App.
* This calling feature requires the subscriber to have phone service for their mobile device to place standard telephone calls.
Panic button activations will then be logged in the Omnilert Timeline.
These Timeline entries will include the subscriber's first/last name, the option chosen, and (if available) an approximate location from their device.