Replying to a text in the Timeline is easy. Just click on the conversation, type your message, and then send.
Reply conversations will display the name of the admin who sent each reply as well as an option to download the conversation to save it for your own records.
How to download a transcript of a text message conversation
By default, timeline events such as SMS conversations are kept in Omnilert for up to six months. After that time, they will be removed from the system. To download a transcript of the entire SMS conversation for your own archives, click the Export conversation button.
Omnilert will generate a transcript of this conversation as a CSV (comma delimited text) file. That file will be available for download from the Downloads section of Omnilert.
SMS Replies and commands/keywords
Please note that SMS replies can easily be confused with SMS commands.
For example, if a subscriber texts 79516 with a reserved command, such as "STOP", then Omnilert will process that command and deactivate their SMS subscription!
Common SMS commands:
- STOP - Cancels SMS subscription and sets SMS device to "Inactive"
- QUIT - Cancels SMS subscription and sets SMS device to "Inactive"
- UNSUBSCRIBE - Cancels SMS subscription and sets SMS device to "Inactive"
- HELP - Returns the standard, carrier-mandated "HELP" response.
- TEST - Omnilert will reply with "You have successfully received a test SMS from the Omnilert network. Msg&data rates may apply."
- YES - Validates an unvalidated SMS device with Omnilert. Sends standard "Welcome"= SMS response.
- OPTOUT - Opts out of the Omnilert subscription for this subscriber (Opt-Out Mode Only)
- ANY keyword: Any keyword already used by any Omnilert system for Mobile Opt-In.
So, if prompting subscribers to text replies, it's best to stick with "Reply with OK" or something similar to avoid any accidental commands!