NOTE: This article is specific to the Omnilert Notify SE version of Omnilert.
The Email endpoint is used to send plain-text emails to your Subscribers (recipients) from Omnilert. Subscribers must add their email address via the Subscriber Portal and validate/verify their address to receive email alerts.
To configure email services, go to Endpoints > Active and then click on EMAIL.
There will be two tabs of settings for the email endpoint: Details and Configuration
The Details tab contains two settings:
- Name: Used to re-name Email on the "Send Message" page, if so desired.
- Default select: Enable this checkbox if you wish for the Email endpoint to be pre-selected when composing new alerts from Omnilert.
The Configuration tab contains additional settings for the email endpoint.
- From name: The text label on outgoing emails. Please note that Omnilert does not "spoof" email sender addresses. All emails will come from the sender "email@example.com" along with your custom text label.
- Reply-To: (optional) If you wish to receive replies from recipients, they can be directed to you via the "Reply-To" option. Insert the email address you'd like your recipients to send replies to. (They will see this address if they click "Reply" in their email program.)
- Enable users to edit email subscription: If enabled, subscribers can add/remove their own email address in the Subscriber Portal. (This is enabled by default. Do not un-check this box unless you wish to prevent subscribers from adding/changing their email address in Omnilert.)