The Scenario Manager > Triggers feature in Omnilert can be used to automate the launch of Scenarios.
Please note: Scenario triggers require the "Omnilert Manage" tier of service.
There are several types of trigger events that can be configured:
- CAP - When Omnilert receives Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) messages. Omnilert can listen for incoming POST messages delivering CAP-formatted XML.
- SMS - When Omnilert receives an incoming SMS (text message) with a designated "keyword"
- SMTP - When Omnilert receives an email at a special, designated email address
- SNPP - When Omnilert receives a paging protocol (SNPP) message at Omnilert's paging services with a designated pager number. SNPP triggers are typically used for integration with computer-aided dispatch (CAD) systems.
- API - When Omnilert receives a valid HTTPS POST request.
What are Triggers used for?
Triggers are most used to automate the launch of messages. There are many possible uses ranging from system monitoring applications to the relaying of National Weather Service alerts.
You can use this feature to automate all kinds of alerts.
- Weather alerts from weather subscription services.
- Door/Alarm entry systems
- Financial or other email-based notices
Anything that you can imagine would send you a critical email notice, text message, or SNPP page can be relayed out using this SMTP trigger function.
For a walk-through on creating a trigger, see this video.