There are two types of accounts in Omnilert: admins and subscribers.
Admins: Administrator accounts log in via the Admin Portal. These accounts are used to send alerts and configure Omnilert for your organization.
Admins are created within the Admin Portal of Omnilert and can have varying access to the features and functions of the system.
Subscribers: Subscribers are the recipients of your alerts. A subscriber account will contain contact info for that person, such as their email addresses, SMS numbers, or voice numbers. Subscribers can belong to Groups.
Subscribers can be added several ways:
- Opt-in: Self-registration using the Subscriber Portal or mobile opt-in.
- Manual entry: Admins can manually create subscriber accounts directly.
- Upload: Admins can upload subscriber info using simple CSV files. (We call this "opt-out" as subscribers are added in and must opt-out to stop receiving alerts.)
- Admins are not Subscribers.
- Subscribers cannot log into the Admin Portal.
- Subscribers cannot send alerts or use the Scenarios app.
- It's very common for an admin to also have a separate subscriber account. These two accounts will not be linked, even if they have the same username.